Monday 10 February 2014

13. Contact Sheets (Film)

Contact Sheet One



Contact Sheet Two



Contact Sheet Three



Remember to write about why you've chosen to use film in your Major Project.


When I look at my contact sheets all together, as a whole, I am generally very happy with the images I have produced. The exposures of the image are all quite good, with perhaps only on or two images being overexposed, and the odd image underexposed, but this is expected. I did find that the 400 ISA did read as being too sensitive, as it was a fairly bright day. It might have been worth having another camera with a less sensitive film as a just in case. I took two cameras, one with a 50mm lens on it, another with a 35mm-70mm lens on it; this would have saved changing lenses while being on a beach, in poor weather conditions, with the odd shower. One thing I did regret was not having the confidence to get up close to the cockle pickers. There was the odd close image, but there could have been more. I also managed to capture some other aspects which add to the story of the cockles, including a shellfish stall in Llanelli Market. I also managed to photograph my grandfather processing cockles, not including boiling. I wanted to touch on the process as it is something that I am interested in documenting for my Major Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment